As an author, I want to read my book on my Kindle Fire or on my Kindle app on my phone. My proofreaders also want to read it using Kindle. So before I publish I need to be able to deliver a book to various Kindle devices.
The steps are pretty easy.
Step 1 – Convert your book into mobi format (Author steps)
Method 1 – Using https://kdp.amazon.com.
- Go to https://kdp.amazon.com.
- Create a new user or login.
- Click add a new title.
- Enter the information on the page and upload a copy of your novel in word, pdf, html, or epub.
- Download your book
Method 2 – Using kindlegen.exe
- Download kindlegen.exe from here:
- Read the help file and use it to convert your document to mobi format.
Step 2 – Putting a book on a Kindle using email (Reader/Author steps)
- Log into Amazon.com.
- Hover your mouse over Your Account and click Manage Your Kindle.
You may have to sign in again.
- On the left, click on Person Documents Settings.
- Add the author’s email address to the Approved Personal Document E-mail List. The author probably has told you this email address already.
- Look at your device list at the top of this page and choose the @kindle.com email address for the device your want to send your book to.
- Send the author your @kindle.com email address.
- Have the Author email the book to the device’s @kindle.com email address using the approved email address.
- Wait five to ten minutes after the author sends the email
- Click on the Person Documents link. Refresh every few minutes until you see your book.
- Now sync your Kindle device. Your book should show up.
Issues I’ve Experienced
- I was told that notes would be saved to here:
https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlightsUnfortunately, my notes are not saved here. Neither are my proofreaders notes saved here. So I had to borrow their devices to get their notes. Or they had to copy down the sentence and email it to me.
- I haven’t seen my furthest read sync between my personal devices.